A project created in Whitehaven in the UK. I was set up in a shop in the town center for three weeks. We invited passers-bye and community groups to come into the space and help recreate the buildings of Whitehaven in Lego. As part of the project, as well as the models we created stop motion videos around the town. We encouraged local people to donate lego and also got some sponsorship of blocks. I worked with artists from the Red Nile art organisation on the structures and the local arts officers of the time. We also created figures to populate the models which included photo heads of residents. We worked with a few hundred people on the models over the weeks.
My Blog Posts
- A response to the lockdown by artists – The portal artwork – come pass through
- Some nice coverage of the isolation waltz
- Local press about book show
- A dance for now
- @homeolympic challenge
- The use of Green Screen for workshops alongside gameful concepts
- Workshops in Sign Language Duel, Top Trump my School, and Green Screen above and below.
- Workshops in maze making with chalks
- Stem boxes
- shoelace animation
- Canvassing opinions using origami?
- Slime tango covered in Taiwan
- Wordplay in alley with others.
- Breaking handshakes down to stills
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.