A project created in Whitehaven in the UK. I was set up in a shop in the town center for three weeks. We invited passers-bye and community groups to come into the space and help recreate the buildings of Whitehaven in Lego. As part of the project, as well as the models we created stop motion videos around the town. We encouraged local people to donate lego and also got some sponsorship of blocks. I worked with artists from the Red Nile art organisation on the structures and the local arts officers of the time. We also created figures to populate the models which included photo heads of residents. We worked with a few hundred people on the models over the weeks.
My Blog Posts
- In Victorian times instead of pokemon go people had fore-edge, and now there is a new instalaliton of these hidden artworks to find
- Maypole as Metaphor
- Short Docu on the power of hens to transform the lives of older people
- The Transformative power of art with older people
- (undercover) festival of flip books
- Ho Hum, We get the public of Newcastle Humming
- making and using cover songs online legally
- Reinvigorating older online content
- Channels short listed videos online
- Sea of faces Tynemouth station
- New opera work pyrotechnic performance
- Ballet is everywhere
- Carrying on
- Projects developing, and a bit of a knock
- An inspiration to keep on with the artwork.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.