A community work with the Firthmoor housing estate. The final result was a video installation, projected video, painted graffiti walls, with light words and a photo constructed rainbow that came out into the space. The work on the housing estate references the idea of OZ as another world, but instead of people travelling to another world, the other world comes to Firthmoor. Just for the time of the project wanted to make Firthmoor into a fantasy space, and to bring enchantment to the children involved. The work also looks at the film of OZ, the idea of painted mates and sets which we put around the housing estate, though with the edges showing. This is about frame breaks, showing the sets in the space and their obvious fakery. Does magic bring the cardboard players alive?
My Blog Posts
- A response to the lockdown by artists – The portal artwork – come pass through
- Some nice coverage of the isolation waltz
- Local press about book show
- A dance for now
- @homeolympic challenge
- The use of Green Screen for workshops alongside gameful concepts
- Workshops in Sign Language Duel, Top Trump my School, and Green Screen above and below.
- Workshops in maze making with chalks
- Stem boxes
- shoelace animation
- Canvassing opinions using origami?
- Slime tango covered in Taiwan
- Wordplay in alley with others.
- Breaking handshakes down to stills
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.