A community work with the Firthmoor housing estate. The final result was a video installation, projected video, painted graffiti walls, with light words and a photo constructed rainbow that came out into the space. The work on the housing estate references the idea of OZ as another world, but instead of people travelling to another world, the other world comes to Firthmoor. Just for the time of the project wanted to make Firthmoor into a fantasy space, and to bring enchantment to the children involved. The work also looks at the film of OZ, the idea of painted mates and sets which we put around the housing estate, though with the edges showing. This is about frame breaks, showing the sets in the space and their obvious fakery. Does magic bring the cardboard players alive?
My Blog Posts
- Wordplay in alley with others.
- Breaking handshakes down to stills
- Comparing the handshake interpretations
- I doff my Hat – first game try
- I Doff My Hat First Try
- WordPlay outdoors
- I doff My cap (School of Handshakes)
- Word Play diff mechanics
- Developing the art game Mechanics of Word Play
- New Art game Haversham
- New art game
- The Wizard of Us
- A Great escape of Sorts
- Big Hands
- In Victorian times instead of pokemon go people had fore-edge, and now there is a new instalaliton of these hidden artworks to find
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.