A poetry film music work. Music by the Baghdaddies and the words by Kevin Kadwallender. Made with young people from Sunderland. The final work projected into a mirror suspended in the stairwell of the winter gardens, so the image was shown on the ceiling. I worked with young people who spoke about Sunderland as their whole world and seemed uninterested in going beyond their patch. This got us thinking about Jules Verne and his trip around the world and in bringing that to Sunderland, making landmarks in Sunderland into world landmarks. I did this using mattes once more, obviously fake, disturbing the frame. The projection of the final work, shot the video into the ceiling of the building, the distortion of the mirror making the video seem almost as if it was coming through a hole in the roof. Also I like the idea of the video trying to find a screen to land on, only to be pushed away.
My Blog Posts
- Canvassing opinions using origami?
- Slime tango covered in Taiwan
- Wordplay in alley with others.
- Breaking handshakes down to stills
- Comparing the handshake interpretations
- I doff my Hat – first game try
- I Doff My Hat First Try
- WordPlay outdoors
- I doff My cap (School of Handshakes)
- Word Play diff mechanics
- Developing the art game Mechanics of Word Play
- New Art game Haversham
- New art game
- The Wizard of Us
- A Great escape of Sorts
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.