A poetry film music work. Music by the Baghdaddies and the words by Kevin Kadwallender. Made with young people from Sunderland. The final work projected into a mirror suspended in the stairwell of the winter gardens, so the image was shown on the ceiling. I worked with young people who spoke about Sunderland as their whole world and seemed uninterested in going beyond their patch. This got us thinking about Jules Verne and his trip around the world and in bringing that to Sunderland, making landmarks in Sunderland into world landmarks. I did this using mattes once more, obviously fake, disturbing the frame. The projection of the final work, shot the video into the ceiling of the building, the distortion of the mirror making the video seem almost as if it was coming through a hole in the roof. Also I like the idea of the video trying to find a screen to land on, only to be pushed away.
My Blog Posts
- In Victorian times instead of pokemon go people had fore-edge, and now there is a new instalaliton of these hidden artworks to find
- Maypole as Metaphor
- Short Docu on the power of hens to transform the lives of older people
- The Transformative power of art with older people
- (undercover) festival of flip books
- Ho Hum, We get the public of Newcastle Humming
- making and using cover songs online legally
- Reinvigorating older online content
- Channels short listed videos online
- Sea of faces Tynemouth station
- New opera work pyrotechnic performance
- Ballet is everywhere
- Carrying on
- Projects developing, and a bit of a knock
- An inspiration to keep on with the artwork.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.